Saturday, July 20, 2013

PMDD Misinformation

This is more of a vent/rant.  Well, I suppose it does have some good advice at the end. 

I had previously written things here about PMDD groups I am a part of, and I realized later that I do not want to breach any unspoken confidentiality rules.  I am removing these kinds of things from our posts, but if they come up in the forum at all, they will stay there. 

I basically was saying that I get upset when people spread misinformation.



I am not doing this to hurt anyone.  I'm actually hoping this will help people.  Some people are too easily sucked into believing things that are not based on fact.  Especially when you are desperate for answers.  And not everyone researches everything before he or she uses it or sticks it into his or her body. 

I know we are not the best about posting sources on our site, and I apologize.  I do take it for granted sometimes that a lot of the people I have surrounded myself with have already done all the research on PMDD just like I have, and they know what is fact and what is fiction.  I will work on this more, although there is so little information about PMDD on the internet (and a lot of that so-called "reputable" information is actually wrong or not completely correct) that this will be difficult.  


So my suggestion for the day is this:  When looking up info on PMDD, check to make sure it is based on fact or actual research.  And then check some more.

Even the definition of PMDD at all these reputable medical websites is a little off.  They say PMDD starts during the luteal phase and stops when a woman starts bleeding menstrually.  This is not always the case!  I am proof of that!

Have you seen or heard some information on PMDD that seemed a little off?  

No comments:

Post a Comment